Thursday, March 24, 2011

GREAT GIRL SCOUTS ARE ALSO GREAT STUDENTS!!

I know this post is not about Girl Scouts really but I thought it was wonderful that ALL of the girls in Troop 746 got awards at school.

I know I was proud of each and everyone one of "my girls" as they had their name called and walked up to the stage to get their award.

Some parents were unable to be there to see their girls get recognized because they had to work or had other commitments. So, I thought I would post about it here so everyone can share in the excitement.

Trinity was the first in the group to get called up. Her first award was for Perfect Attendance.

Yes, I did say her "first" award, because she got several.

Way to go Trinity! I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work.

Our two newest girls, Brittnee and Elizabeth, both got an award for Accelerated reader. That means they have read more and harder books then is required of them.

I was beaming as they got their awards.

You girls are so smart!
I can't tell you how happy I am these two girls joined our Troop. They are great to have around and set good examples for others to follow.

Trinity's next award was Honor Roll. She just got her report card and got all A's except one B.

Wow! It's hard to get on the Honor Roll. All those long hard hours of studying paid off!



As the girls got called up, they got to pick out a pencil to go along with their awards.



Elizabeth got another award too. This time it was for Trustworthiness. No wonder she makes a great Girl Scout!

That is a wonderful quality to have.



It's a very admirable quality to have. To be trustworthy not only makes a great Girl Scout but it makes a great person in general.

Jesse and Trinity also got the Accelerated Reader Award.

I think it's super our girls enjoy reading. A person can get lost in a book, travel the world, learn anything they want. I hope they continue to enjoy reading their whole lives.



Four of our five Girl Scouts are in the same class and so they all got to be up on the stage together as their class award winners were called up for their Accelerated Reader Award.

They also got a book mark to go with the award.



Nikki is in a different classroom. Her room got their awards right after the other girls.

She also got the Accelerated Reader Award. Good job Nikki!

That is wonderful! All five girls got the Reading Award.

Each girl should be very proud of the hard work and effort they put into their school work to get these awards!

Not every kid got an award.

Yes, I'm very proud of our girls. Each and every one of them are fantastic girls and I'm so happy to have them in my Troop.

Nikki, Trinity, Brittnee, Jesse and Elizabeth, YOU ROCK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment