Friday, October 15, 2010

TRASH TO CASH



The girls have been doing so good with bringing their water bottles and cans to be recycled.

Today, I sorted them and took them to the recycling center to cash them in.



To be honest with you, this was the first time I had ever gone to do this. It was all new to me.

I wasn't sure if any of the girls or even the adults had ever gone before either. So, I thought I would take a few pictures (you know me, never without my camera) and share the day with you.

First they dump all the bottles and cans into these wire baskets.


You don't have to separate them but, if you do, you get more money. I was happy I had already done this at home.

Plus, all the liquid has to be dumped out ahead of time.



Then they take the baskets over to the scale and weigh them.



Depending on the items and the weight, they determine the cash you get.

We got $21.65!!! That will go right into the Troop Funds.

Keep on doing good work and bring in those bottles and cans. Not only do we get cash to have fun with, we are helping to save our Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment